SCOTTSDALE, AZ – HomeAdvantage®, the largest real estate Credit Union Service Organization (CUSO) in the U.S., delivered $6.3 million in cash back to credit union members who used its turnkey real estate marketing platform to buy and sell homes in 2021. HomeAdvantage also surpassed the lifetime milestone of delivering $60 million in Cash Rewards.
HomeAdvantage helps credit unions become their members’ first stop for real estate transactions to attract, engage and close more home buyer and seller leads. The company initiated a national expansion in 2021 to help credit unions secure more of their members’ purchase mortgage business no matter where in the United States the real estate transaction takes place.
Despite a continuing pandemic and refinance boom, HomeAdvantage continued to help its credit union partners drive purchase mortgage growth and build their pipelines. Some of the notable 2021 milestones include:
- Generated more than 21,400 home buyer and seller leads back to its credit union partners
- Facilitated more than 3,100 closings
- Generated loan volume of $593 million for credit union partners
- Helped credit union partners achieve a pull-through rate of 80% for purchase mortgage loans
- Achieved a new record Cash Reward national average, with members now earning an average of $1,940 per transaction
“Despite the continuing refinance boom and impacts from the pandemic, 2021 was a landmark year for HomeAdvantage. Tremendous success was generated for our credit union partners this last year, and we are positioned for strong impact and growth in 2022,” said Herb Behrens, who took on the role of CEO of HomeAdvantage in 2021.
2021 CASH REWARDS
When members use the HomeAdvantage program to buy or sell a home, they qualify to earn cash-back bonuses at closing called Cash Rewards. In 2021, HomeAdvantage delivered more than $6 million in Cash Rewards averaging $1,940 in savings per transaction. More than $60 million in Cash Rewards have been cumulatively distributed during the program’s lifetime.
The five credit unions with the largest HomeAdvantage Cash Rewards payouts in 2021 are:
- BCU (Chicago, IL): $984,872
- Wings Financial (Apple Valley, MN) $462,502
- Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union (Washington, DC): $302,274
- Northwest Federal CU (Herndon, VA): $238,107
- Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (St. Paul, MN): $237,086
MILLION DOLLAR CLUB RECOGNIZES LIFETIME CASH REWARDS
The Million Dollar Club recognizes credit unions that have saved their home-buying and home-selling members $1 million or more in the form of HomeAdvantage Cash Rewards.
In 2021, SECU joined the club for the first time. Northwest Federal Credit Union surpassed the $6 million dollar threshold, while Wings Financial Credit Union reached the $2 million milestone. To date, 13 credit unions have achieved Million Dollar Club status. Those credit unions and their lifetime cash-back benefits are:
- Northwest Federal Credit Union: $6 million
- BCU: $5.97 million
- Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union: $5.65 million
- Wright-Patt Credit Union: $2.86 million
- Tower Federal Credit Union: $2.81 million
- Apple Federal Credit Union: $2.64 million
- Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union: $2.38 million
- Wings Financial Credit Union: $2.09 million
- Partners Federal Credit Union: $1.92 million
- State Department Federal Credit Union: $1.72 million
- Redwood Credit Union: $1.28 million
- FAIRWINDS Credit Union: $1.17 million
- SECU: $1 million
Formerly CU Realty Services, HomeAdvantage provides real estate services to credit unions across the nation, helping them increase their purchase mortgage business while saving their members money when they buy or sell a home. The company’s turnkey real estate marketing platform currently is offered by more than 126 credit union partners and mortgage CUSOs throughout the United States. Credit union members can use the program to search for homes, research neighborhoods, calculate property values, connect to certified real estate agents and save money at closing. When credit unions offer the program, they can attract and nurture more home-buying members and consequently close more loans. To learn more, please visit www.homeadvantage.com or connect with us on LinkedIn.